Fault Lines

As a security expert, Charlie Hazard is all about taking control of the situation. But when the stunning Dr. Gabriella Speciale draws him into a secret psychological project, risk parameters are shattered. Every move brings him to the edge of one fault line after another, and Charlie struggles to stay clear of a maelstrom of entangled dangers.

The research team abandons the lab on the Florida coast and flees to a mountain refuge in Italy. The battles in Charlie's mind are overtaken by real life attacks. He must grapple with the daunting realization that a conspiracy is taking hold on both internal and external levels. Can Gabriella be trusted, or is she just part of the scheme?


Leave behind your assumptions about the way the world works, and race along the unknown corridors of human consciousness in Fault Lines.
  

My Review

This is the type of book that is usually right up my reading alley. Yet, I had a bit of a difficult time fully embracing the characters. This in turn did not help as I was not as focused as I wanted to be with the storyline. Which, was an interesting one. The experiment that Gabriella was playing at with Charlie was intriguing. It just came down to the fact that I was not very connected with the characters including Reese. She hardly made a blimp on my radar. It was like I was aware I was reading but from the pages to my brain, there was a detour and nothing was truly sticking with me. However, this is a clean book in regards to the fact that there was no sex or cussing. Yes, there was some violence but it was very mild. More like PG-13. Overall, the concept won me over but the characters were lacking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations