Knoll



When Banner McCoy, a young protégé of Edward Snowden, learns that her latest assignment is designed to detect and destroy anyone with new facts about the conspiracy to assassinate JFK, she flees the NSA, taking her files with her. The project’s latest target: Columbus McIntyre, a small-town attorney and the son of a mysteriously murdered police officer, who has just discovered his family’s involvement with the events in Dallas on November 22, 1963. What follows is a story of conspiracy, government surveillance, mafia kingpins, and assassins.
 
While a work of fiction, much of this book is based on facts. It closely follows a very real set of people, circumstances, and events that occurred in North Louisiana in 1963. 


My Review

This is my first time reading anything from Mr. Hillard but he shows that he is a seasoned writer with this book. First off, I have to comment by saying "Wow". Although, at the start, I did have a slow start finding my groove with the story and characters. Luckily, this did not last long. I was able to follow along; while getting an instant image of the places. However, I have to let you in on a secret...I am from the same town that the author currently resides in. So, it was fairly easy to picture locations and similarities to some of the characters. In fact, it was fun to see Mr. Hillard's take on our town.

Both Bus and Banner are easy characters to relate to. I was with Bus every step of the way as he traveled to different locations to solve his father's murder. The first person narrative helped me as a reader as I experienced everything from the characters' points of views. The flow of his story was streamlined nicely as it flowed from one voice to the next as well as each section of the story. Additionally, I am happy to report that this book ends on a good note. Mr. Hillard proves that he is a force to be reckoned with Knoll! Strong characters and an intriguing storyline. Don't be the last one to read Knoll. It is not to be missed.

Purchase a copy on Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway