Splinter

Sami's mother disappeared ten years ago, when Sami was six. and the police have always suspected that Sami's father killed her. Sami is sure her father's innocent. But when new evidence emerges linking him to another woman's mysterious death, Sami sets out to uncover the truth. Will she prove her father's innocence or will she stumble onto secrets she'd rather not confront?

My Review

I was drawn to this book by the book cover. From the book cover I thought that this story was going to be dark and suspenseful. This may still be the case but I did not stick around long enough to find out. I got about a third of the way into the story and could not continue. The conversations between Sami and the detective with the repeating back and forth or between Sami and her father were painful. I had no faith in the detective solving the case without Sami's help. It was like he was just waiting for Sami to feed him all of the information she found. Example is when Sami and the detective were talking about why he did not find a piece of evidence and it was suggested that it may have been because it was put there after the search was completed.

From the little that I knew about Sami's father, he was not the friendliest. You would think for someone that wanted to prove they were innocent that they would be more helpful and talkative. The investigation that Sami was conducting was slow. If some of the things that I mentioned had been present, especially the suspense than I probably would have continued reading this book.

You can try this book for yourself at Netgalley until March 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway