Wayfarer

All Etta Spencer wanted was to make her violin debut when she was thrust into a treacherous world where the struggle for power could alter history. After losing the one thing that would have allowed her to protect the Timeline, and the one person worth fighting for, Etta awakens alone in an unknown place and time, exposed to the threat of the two groups who would rather see her dead than succeed. When help arrives, it comes from the last person Etta ever expected—Julian Ironwood, the Grand Master’s heir who has long been presumed dead, and whose dangerous alliance with a man from Etta’s past could put them both at risk.

Meanwhile, Nicholas and Sophia are racing through time in order to locate Etta and the missing astrolabe with Ironwood travelers hot on their trail. They cross paths with a mercenary-for-hire, a cheeky girl named Li Min who quickly develops a flirtation with Sophia. But as the three of them attempt to evade their pursuers, Nicholas soon realizes that one of his companions may have ulterior motives.

As Etta and Nicholas fight to make their way back to one another, from Imperial Russia to the Vatican catacombs, time is rapidly shifting and changing into something unrecognizable… and might just run out on both of them.
  

My Review

While you could get away with reading this book having not read the first one I do suggest starting with the prior book, Passenger. Establishing the storyline, all of the different worlds and the characters helps with this story. Although, I did enjoy this book, I did suffer from not having this prior relationship in the beginning. So, for the first third of the way I was just trying to find my way in acclimating myself to all of the characters and different time periods. Once, I found my footing, I was able to enjoy this story.

Yet, I was more drawn to Nicholas and Sophia in the beginning and for quite a while. It seemed that this is where most of the action was happening. Plus, Li Min was intriguing. Etta was good. It just seemed like it took a little longer to get the story moving. In addition, at times Etta came off as young in the way she talked and acted. The last half of the story is where it all came together. I was intrigued by what I read and do want to check out more books by this author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations