Warren the 13th and the All-Seeing Eye


Warren the 13th is the lone bellhop, valet, waiter, groundskeeper, and errand boy of his family’s ancient hotel. It’s a strange, shadowy mansion full of crooked corridors and mysterious riddles—and it just might be home to a magical object known as the All-Seeing Eye. Can Warren decipher the clues and find the treasure before his sinister Aunt Annaconda (and a slew of greedy hotel guests) beats him to it?

This middle-grade adventure features gorgeous two-color illustrations on every page and a lavish two-column Victorian design that will pull young readers into a spooky and delightful mystery.




My Review

I have never heard of these books before. Yet, now that I have discovered this series, I am in for all of the adventures with Warren. Warren is odd-ball but for all of the outcasts in the world, he is the likable hero. Plus, he is smart and everyone he meets (for the most part) does like him. Although, Warren is not the only other person that I enjoyed meeting in this book. There is Petula, Sketchy, Mr. Friggs, Beatrice, Rupert, and Chef Bunion.

I tried to figure out the mystery surrounding the All-Seeing Eye but I had no clue. Not that I was trying too hard to solve the mystery. I was really just along for the journey and fun. My nephews will enjoy meeting Warren as I have. The best part is that they can read this book on their own. The illustrations help to really bring this story to life. Warren the 13th and The All-Seeing Eye is an enjoyable read for the whole family. I will be picking up the next book in this series.


Check out the fun Activity Booklet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway