This is Not Over




Two women are caught in an escalating game of cat-and-mouse that leads to an explosive ending in this breathtaking psychological thriller from the author of a Necessary End and Don’t Try to Find Me.

You’ll have your deposit within seven business days, just like it says on Getaway.com. I’ve put through a refund to your credit card for the full amount, minus $200 to replace the sheets. I couldn’t get the stain out despite professional laundering and bleaching. . .Miranda

All Dawn wanted was to stay in a beautiful beach house with her husband, to live like money’s no object, for just one long weekend. Then Miranda, the home’s owner, has to send an e-mail like this, full of lies and the suggestion that Dawn’s so dirty, she needs to throw out her sheets. Someone needs to teach Miranda a lesson.

Beware of your "host"
I wouldn’t leave a review on Getaway.com at all, if I didn’t feel it was my civic duty to warn others . . .
Dawn


Miranda cannot believe her eyes. Yes, she may be a doctor’s wife, but she needs the rental money from the beach house desperately. Someone needs to teach this Dawn a lesson.

Two very different women with one thing in common: Each one knows she’s right, and each is determined to win this battle of words and wills and (eventually) worse. Neither will yield, not before they’ve dredged up hidden secrets, old hurts, and painful truths that threaten to shatter the foundations of their lives.

Because it’s never really just about the sheets, is it?

This is not over.

This is so not over.
  

My Review

This is the second book I have attempted to read by this author. I say this because the first book I found uninteresting and unforgettable. Yet, this time I was super hyped to check this book out. I forgot about the past. This book was a let down to me.

There was nothing appealing about either Miranda or Dawn. Both women came off as childish. In fact, I don't think that either one was coming out on top as the winner. The author tried to make me the reader feel for each woman by providing me details about their lives. This may have worked if most of the alternating chapters were not focused on the mud slinging. The obsession was getting out of hand. For example when Dawn was being pleasured by her husband and she is talking about Miranda. Dawn finally realizes in that situation that she was focusing too much on Miranda that she decides that her and her husband are going to have sex and so she jumps on top of him to ride him like a stag. I thought this book would get better for me, thus I kept reading. I could only get to chapter 20 before I could no longer stand Miranda and Dawn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway