After Me

Kate Sawyer, a former NYPD undercover cop, injured badly in a take-down gone terribly wrong, is living in Portland, Oregon safe in the Witness Protection Program, while she undergoes experimental stem-cell treatment for a genetic case of early-onset Alzheimer's. Everyone thinks Kate can provide vital evidence that will lead to the recovery of twenty million dollars of diamonds that disappeared during the take-down.

If she could only remember.

One night, Kate returns to her condo to find a dead man in her bathtub with a note stuck in his pocket.

I know what you've done.

Her cover blown, Kate runs, knowing the clock is ticking. Chased by shadowy figures she can't remember, Kate must solve the mystery before it's too late. People close to her are being killed. Shadowy memories tease her. Some she recognizes as her own. Others don't seem familiar at all.

Running from people she can't remember, dogged by a past lost in the haze, Kate discovers no one is who they appear to be, perhaps not even herself.

My Review


I am familiar with this author and her fun, comedic side with the Lucky books. Yet, this new path the author has taken with her thriller/romantic suspense books has me intrigued. I will say that while I did enjoy this book, I struggled with it as well.

Just like Kate's memory, it was slow to come back. Which is how I felt reading this book. It was touch and go for me. It took me several chapters in the beginning to get into this book. After that I would read a few chapters and than put the book down. This happened about 4/5 times. By this point I was about half way into the story. The story did pick up and so did the intensity. The rest of the book was really good. I like the new, Deborah Coonts. I look forward to reading more books in this genre from the author.

Comments

Mystica said…
The thriller part of the story coupled with the loss of memory has to make for a good story. I'd like to try this one out too.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations