Weregirl

Eager to escape her small hometown, high school junior Nessa Kurland is focused on winning a college scholarship for cross-country running. A chance encounter with a trapped wolf while out on a run leads to powerful and frightening changes, and one day, Nessa is transformed into a full werewolf. Now Nessa must navigate the challenges of high school while coming face to face with true human darkness, as she tries to make peace with her new wild nature.  

My Review

I started out reading this book with lots of gusto. In fact, I read the first half of this book in one sitting. Although, it was not hard to do as the chapters are short about 3 to 5 pages long. This is a good length for a chapter. The pacing was fine as I kept moving along nicely. However after picking up this book again after a few days I realized that I was actually just going more through the motions and I was not really as connected with this book as I thought I was in the beginning. The reason I say this is because when I picked up this book again to start reading it I could barely remember anything that I had read in the first half of this story. In addition, I felt that this I one young adult novel that does not translate too well to the adult readers. Nessa and the rest of the characters acted just like their ages. The transformation from human to wolf was not super graphic or was there much violence. Not that every werewolf story has to be graphic but again I felt that the tone of this book was written more for the younger readers. A good concept that could have been stronger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations