The Lobby

Welcome to The Shipley Hotel, where the perky and attentive staff provides the gold standard in artificial concern and comfort to all the colorful characters who pass through its polished brass revolving door and find themselves in The Lobby. Practically engineered for eavesdropping, San Francisco's juiciest hotel lobby offers the perfect place to witness the comings and goings-and the most comedic intersections-of staff, long-term residents, and eclectic guests. Featuring over fifty stories all transpiring in a single twenty-four hour period and intersecting in the Shipley's elegant lobby, readers will meet an eccentric and vast array of characters, most of whom will look awfully familiar and all of whom will speak to the heart. Employing acute skills in human observation and a keen understanding of the essential human needs-frequently unplanned and unexpected rendezvous, ready laughter at others' expense, and maybe even a little love and acceptance-Randi M. Sherman's unique wit and candor will surely make the reader sit up, stand up, roll over, or assume an interested leaning position and take notice. Get comfortable (on the exquisitely upholstered lobby couch) and spy on those checking in and out of the Shipley. Careful: you might just encounter a version of yourself among the ornate balconies and intricate woodwork.

My Review

I really liked the concept of this book. The way that it was written in hourly increments was great. In addition, I enjoyed that all of the stories focused and took place at the Shipley Hotel. It was as if I could picture the hotel and what every one looked like from the employees to the guests. Although, in the beginning it was a little hard to follow along as there were so many new characters being introduced to me that I could not keep them all straight. Then just as I would start to get into a certain part the story would change again. After a while however, I was able to get into the flow and I did enjoy this book. There were many eccentric guests as well as employees at the Shipley Hotel. Some were nice and others were uppity. I did smile several times but I was looking more to laugh then just smile. Overall, this book is a nice, quick read. I would book my reservation again with the author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations