Just Juliet


Lena Newman is 17 years old and pretty satisfied with her life. Until her world is turned upside down. Juliet James is the new girl at school and very quickly manages to send Lena’s heart wild. Juliet introduced Lena to a part of herself she didn’t know was there, taking her on an emotional journey where loyalty, friendships and family relationships are tested. Juliet represents the road less traveled. Will Lena take it?  

Read a snippet of this book here

My Review

To be honest, I was unsure about this book. I had already formed my opinions about this book before I had even read it. This is a situation where you can't judge a book by its content. The author did a very thoughtful job of portraying the coming of age and sexual orientation. I was very impressed. I enjoyed that the author did not force lots of sex or over the top talk about sexual orientation. The author let me the reader slowly get to know Lena and Juliet as friends first and then as a couple. They were a sweet couple together. When they did hook up I felt the love. Everyone else around them for the most part were understanding. So, this helps if anyone is thinking of sharing the news with their parents. I hope that they have a good experience as Lena did with hers. Just Juliet is a thoughtful read.

You can pick up a free copy of this book on Amazon from September 19th -September 20th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations