Knight's Fall



Xavier Knight was an angel—until Heaven kicked him out. Now he’s a private detective in New Orleans, trying to put his old immortal life behind him while avoiding Lucifer’s bounty hunters. But when his latest case uncovers a plot to end the world with a supernatural drug, he’ll need all the otherworldly help he can get to stop it. An apprentice mage on the run, a nosy storefront psychic, a vial of angel blood, and a surly cherub are hardly the stuff of legends. But they’re all he’s got.

My Review

I must be brutally honest when I first started reading this book I was so done with this book after just a few chapters. In fact, I put the book aside and walked away from it with no plans to pick it up again. Yet, as I was looking for a book to read I came across this book again. I decided to try it again because when I read the summary I did want to read this book. So, I picked it up but without much excitement. Something changed and I found myself getting into the story and Xavier.

So if you are thinking about checking this book out be warned that it does start out a little slow but it gets better as you keep reading. I felt for Xavier. This is a good thing as it means I was invested in him and his mission. Also, I thought the story was dark but not so dark that those who like cozy mysteries would not like this book and fans of paranormal novels will enjoy this book as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway