Cold Feet

Pre-wedding jitters turn into serious doubts in this fresh and funny debut about tying the knot and untethering from the past...

Everyone’s expecting her to walk down the aisle.
But something is telling her to run.


Emma Moon's mother thinks it's acceptable to miss her only daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner for a work obligation. Her father left when she was six months old. Emma hasn't exactly been raised to be a happily-ever-after kind of girl.

So when her anxieties get out of hand, Emma and her best friend, Liv, decide to take a road trip to San Francisco, find her long-lost father, and put her family issues to rest.

But her quest for the truth stirs up events and emotions she didn’t expect. The urge to run away may just be a part of Emma’s genetic makeup, because she’s growing more and more tempted to do just that.





My Review

I got half way into this book very quickly. Not because I could not stop reading this book but because the chapters are short and I am a fast reader. Yet the first half of the book was not very eventful or rememberable. I could not really tell you what happened in the first half of the book. None of the characters were that intriguing. Thus the second half of the book was not that much better. Yes, I felt sorry for Emma that her parents were not loving and active in her life but I did not feel the emotional connection with Emma as I was hoping and looking for. So for me the story then dragged on plus the fact that none of the other characters were engaging as well. Although I am interested to see what the author has in store for her next book as this book did show a slight glimmer of promise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations