There was no suffering reading this book.







Kate Freeman opened the front door of her vacation villa to a wolf in sheep's clothing. A few moments later, fifty thousand paralyzing volts shot through her body. Her world went dark; and when she awoke, her family was torn apart forever.

After months of agonizing physical therapy to heal the vicious wounds to her body, the Kate who emerged was no longer the loving mother, sister, and friend from before. The Kate who survived was something much different. Something much darker.

Without hesitation or remorse, she will hunt down the men who destroyed her life, even if it means sacrificing her last shreds of humanity. She will make them suffer.


My Review

Where have I been? I mean Mr. Borton is my type of author. I could not stop reading this book. The story was not so much about the gruesome acts of the murders; although the ordeal that Kate survived is horrible. So if you are weak in the stomach than this book may not be for you especially since it does talk about a child being murdered as well. Also there is some foul language used.

Another reader commented on how cold and distant the character felt. This is part of why I liked this book. Kate did feel cold but it is understandable after what she experienced. I thought this quality made her stronger. I was cheering for her the whole time. The way she and  the rest of the character drew out the killer was great. Justice was served. This book ended on a high note. It indicates that I might see Kate again in the future. I really hope so. There was no suffering reading this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations