Forgotten Superfoods Magic: The Ultimate Shortcut to Increase Longevity, Look Younger, Burn Fat & Supercharge Your Brain





My Review
Purchase a copy


I have heard of superfoods but never really gave the idea too much thought. This is probably because I don't know much about this subject matter and I am not really a diet person. Yet after reading this book, I am more familiar with superfoods and will start incorporating some of them into my food lifestyle.

I thought the author was very knowledgeable about this subject matter but wrote this book in a very easy and understandable way. I was thanksful for this. THe only word that I was not really familiar with was Spirulina. It is a sea-green alga. The author did take the time to explain what it is and how it is beneficial to me.

Some other ideas that the author shared are:

Pumpkin oatmeal. Yum and super easy to fix. It consists of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, milk, and whatever toppings you want like blueberries, almonds, etc.

I love to eat breakfast casseroles. So going to try this one. Leeks, spinach, goat (I like goat chesse) and cottage cheese. Combine all of the ingredients into a dish and bake for twenty minutes.

I can still eat my dessert with candy apple wedges. Apple slices with dark chocolate and walnuts. Or the Rain Berry cake. The crust is made out of crushed walnuts. The filling is just Greek yogurt, mushed blueberries (although I would probably eat them whole) with cardamon and honey. Super easy to make and good for the heart and digestion.

I like that I don't have to make a drastic change in my food habits and can start right away with making a new start.

My only bad word that I have to say about this book is that I wished the author would have told me like what temperature to set my oven to and for how long for the baked dishes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations