Dearest (WoodCutter Sisters)

 
Expected publication: February 3rd 2015 by HMH Books for Young Readers
 
In her third book about the delightful Woodcutter sisters, Alethea Kontis masterfully weaves "The Wild Swans," "The Goose Girl," and a few other fine-feathered fairy tales into a magical, romantic companion novel to Enchanted and Hero.

Readers met the Woodcutter sisters (named after the days of the week) in Enchanted and Hero. In this delightful third book, Alethea Kontis weaves together some fine-feathered fairy tales to focus on Friday Woodcutter, the kind and loving seamstress. When Friday stumbles upon seven sleeping brothers in her sister Sunday's palace, she takes one look at Tristan and knows he's her future. But the brothers are cursed to be swans by day. Can Friday's unique magic somehow break the spell?


My Review

I have been eyeing this series for a while but had yet to read any of the books in the series. I got the chance to check this series out with book three. Which by the way the book can be read as a stand alone novel. I have been reading more fairy tale themed books. This genre is going to go far and I hope more authors jump on this band wagon. Anyways back to this book.

I love the Woodcutter sisters. Although, with not having read the other books, Enchanted and Hero, I have not gotten to know the other sisters too well besides Friday who is the main one in this book. Yet, Sunday and Monday did make appearances as well. Sunday more so I kind of got to know her better as well.

The relationship between Friday and Tristan was genuine. In the way that it felt so real. I like how the author did not over do it with them professing their love or sharing intimate moments. It was PG but in a good way. I could not stop reading this book. I now want to go back and check out the other books in this series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations