Before We Fall




Sometimes, one dark moment is all it takes to turn your world black...

For 24-year old Dominic Kinkaide, that moment took place on the night of his high school graduation. One dark incident changed him forever. He's a hardened actor now, famous in the eyes of the world, but tortured in his own. He doesn't care about much of anything, except for losing himself in the roles that he plays.

23-year old Jacey Vincent doesn't realize how much her father's indifference has affected her. She is proof that sometimes it isn't one specific moment that wrecks a person, but rather it's an absence of moments. She's like a bird with a broken wing-strong yet fragile, as she tries to float through life, finding acceptance in the arms of random guys, one after the other... to fill the void that her father left in her.

Until she meets Dominic.

After jaded Dominic and strong-willed Jacey are thrown together, his secret and her issues create a dark and damaged energy that will soon turn their attraction to each other into an explosive storm.

Even though when the clouds have cleared and the dust has settled, both of them are almost obliterated... they've learned a priceless lesson.

Sometimes, before we fall... we fly.







My Review

Wow, this book surprised me. Both in a good way and with shock value. This book should be classified as a erotic romance read. It read like one. What with all of the sex talk. Even the sex scenes were in great detail. However most of the erotic novels I have read do not use the "f" word as many times as it was used throughout this book. You don't have to use the "f" word to get your point across. I have said it before and will say it again. I am not offended by curse words but when they have a purpose in a book or movie and not just to say it.

Right away in the first chapter alone, the "f" word was used about twenty times. It might have been used more but I lost track of counting. I almost gave up on the book just for this reason alone. Yet I decided to give this book a chance. I liked the book but I had some issues with it that made me not love it. Besides the language I already mentioned the other was that Dom came off as a real "A" hole. So I was not impressed by him and could not get behind Jacey falling for him. Which is another issue. I thought it was funny that Jacey was suppose to be a challenge to Dom but yet, all it took was one look and kiss and she was melting like butter in his arms. Although I did like that the author did give the characters real struggles to deal with. Therefore this book is not your typical cookie cutter romance story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations