Defiant: The POWs Who Endured Vietnam's Most Infamous Prison, the Women Who Fought for Them, and the One Who Never Returned

Defiant is a not to be missed book! If you really want to know what it is like to be a prisoner of war (POW) in another country then you should read this book. While I am not very versed in what the United States does in regards to the POWS that we have in regarding to the different torture techniques as this would be top secret, I can just assume that we treat the POWS here in the United Statesway better then the men featured in this book endured in North Vietnam.

In fact, this book is so intense that at times I had to put it down to clear my head. If reading this book you don't get close to these men then you must not be human. I could picture everything that that the men went through including what they must look like with their injuries and broken bones. When the men were finally able to reunite with their families, I cheered. It was both a happy but sad reunion. It is reading things like this and what the other countries do that makes me not sorry about the things that the United States does to our POWs. It is all in the name of war and freedom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations