Gilded Lives, Fatal Voyage: The Titanic's First-Class Passengers and Their World

I am not a hard core fan of everything Titanic however I do find this subject matter to be fascinating. Thus a reason I wanted to check this book out. I liked the concept that Mr. Brewster brought with this book by focusing on one type of class of passengers. However I think that I might have preferred to read about the third class passengers more. Only because I think that there lies more history in their story and I would have felt the more human aspect then I got from reading about the first class passengers. After a while I did grow bored of the first class passengers and their stories.


What I did like about this book was learning about the maiden voyage of the Titanic. Mr. Brewster did a good job of describing the ship from the large state rooms, the ship captain’s daily walks to check each deck and the engine room to the fact that the crew was pretty much sailing blind without any binoculars so the look outs could not see that far ahead of them for any signs of danger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway