The Sunshine When She's Gone

John and Veronica are new parents to daughter, Clara. Veronica is not feeling well. John decides to take Clara out to breakfast and just have a father and daughter day. Giving his wife, Veronica some free time alone.

John does not know what comes over him but he gets a sudden urge to book a flight and go to the Caribbean. A new father and a baby in the Caribbean. This will be interesting.

I wanted to read this book because it sounded like a comedic read. I am always in the mood for a good book that makes me laugh. Unfortunately I did little to no laughing. I did not find the characters funny. In fact, I found Veronica to be very hollow and self-centered. This quickly turned me off towards her and I would not ever read when it was her turn to tell her story. On the other hand, I did like some John. Only for the small factor that his clueless ness about caring for Clara was a little humorous.

However, John’s worrying about what Veronica would think or how she would react got old as well fast. For any new father who does not realize just how hard it is to care for a baby, then you are in for a surprise. Mothers and single fathers are superstars to care and protect their newborns. I did find it interesting how much Clara built up such a tolerate to goat’s milk. This could have been a really good book but there was too much drama and the characters were not endearing at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations