Your House is on Fire, Your Children All Gone

I was very excited to want to pick up this book and read it. I was in the mood for a good horror story. Unfortunately for me this book missed the mark. It moved very slowly and the characters were uninteresting to me. I thought the back story about each character in regards to where they came from would help with the story. It would shed light as to what prompted them to do what they did but all it showed me was the children grew up in sad families and then started getting in trouble and being trouble makers. I got about almost half way and then I skimmed the rest of the book. Just so I could find out what happened in the end.


This book was more about the drawing out of the characters then it was about the scare factor. This is what I wanted. The scare might have been there but it was subtle. However I do have to give it up to the graphic art department for the creepy book cover. If you hold the book at just the right angle you can see the imprinted embossed words that over lay the cover and they say “If You Tell On Me You’re Dead”. Now that is creepy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway