The Good Woman

Meg Brennan Roberts is a publicist for Chad and Craig Hallahan. The Hallahan brothers own Dark Horse Winery. The winery is growing thanks to Meg. Chad approaches Meg and offers a golden opportunity. To go to the London Wine Fair with him to help promote the winery. Meg would like to go but there is the problem of her husband and family. She would have to leave them to attend. Meg’s husband tells Meg to go. Soon Chad and Meg are spending time together. The more time that they spend together, the more Meg starts to reevaluate her marriage.


I have read several of Jane Porter books and enjoyed them. What I do like about them is that the women are strong and experiences. What I mean by this is that they are not young and have lived for a while. It has been a while since I have picked up a book by Jane. So when I saw she had a new book releasing I thought it was a good time to try her again.

Unfortunately for me, this book did not hit the spot. I mean that Meg and Chad were fine and I thought that Chad was great. He and Meg made a good couple. It was easy to see why Meg fell for Chad. He was kind, respectful and was not Meg’s husband. Meg’s husband was a jerk. So this book would have been better for me if you had taken out Meg’s family out of the equation. Their constant bickering got on my nerves and even prompted me to put this book down and walk away from it. It took me a while to go back to it. Then I had to flash forward to when Chad and Meg’s story actually started. Probably will not read the rest of the books about the Brennan sisters but I do look forward to picking up another Jane Porter book outside of this series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations