Falling Apart in One Piece



Falling apart in one piece: One optimist’s journey through the hell of divorce is author, Stacy Morrison’s memoir. In this book, she shares her story of how her marriage came crumbling down around her and how eventually, she grew from it.

I must admit that I was not really feeling this book and gave up on it about a third of the way in. I did skim the rest of the book but didn’t feel like I really needed to read anymore. I did not take away anything from it, other than the fact that Ms. Morrison is better without her ex-husband. I did feel sorry for Stacy on one hand but on the other hand, I did grow tried of she keep asking herself why her and what is she going to do now. I could understand what a shock it was to Stacy and all the different stages she experienced as she tried to make sense of it all. My and my husband about a year ago went through a rough patch in our marriage. We separated for about two months. At that time, I did go through the different stages of grief, shock, denial, rage, and than I thought about my situation and realized that I had two choices…try to make things work or move on and start afresh. I felt that Stacy did move on and become stronger for it in the long run. Overall, I was not a fan of this book.

Comments

Ann Summerville said…
All books need to show that the main character (even in non-fiction) grows by the end of the story. It doesn't sound like this happened.
Ann

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations