AMARYLLIS IN BLUEBERRY



Senna Slepy had a husband, Dirk that loved her and four beautiful daughters, Mary Grace, Mary Tessa, Mary Catherine, and Amaryllis. Amaryllis is Senna’s pride and joy. Right from the first moment that she was born, Senna knew she was special. Amaryllis was born in the middle of a blueberry patch.

Things really fall apart for the Slepy family when they travel to Africa. The once picture, perfect family starts cracking. One false step can make everything come crashing down on them.

This book starts out with Senna Slepy standing trial in Africa for killing her husband, Dirk. The story than flashes back to the past and the events leading up to the present. Amaryllis in Blueberry is kind of a dark book. It touches on the raw emotions of the Slepy family and their faith with God. While I did like this book, the only person I felt was of any interest to me was Amaryllis. I found the rest of the sisters got on my nerves. I did however feel bad for Amaryllis’s father. He really loved his daughters and it seemed like he got the short end of the straw. I was torn with this book. On one hand there were parts of this book that I did like and other parts that I didn’t care for. Though, I would give author, Christina Meldrum another try in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations