SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY with Jodi Thomas




My Review:

Reagan Truman finally has a place to call home. Reagan works part time at the diner. Lately, Edith has been calling in sick a lot. This means that Reagan has to make sure she does all the things Edith does including packing a brown bag takeout dinner for the mysterious, Gabe Leary.

No one knows much about Gabe. This is the way Gabe likes it. Gabe and Reagan become friends. When an accident happens, Gabe soon finds himself receiving a bunch of attention as the town hero. Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz said it the best…There is no place like home.

Somewhere Along the Way is the second Harmony novel. In the first book, Welcome to Harmony, readers were introduced to Reagan, an orphan. Reagan found a home in Harmony. Somewhere Along the Way returns back to Harmony and the people there.

This book could not have come quick enough. After finishing the first book, I was ready to go back to Harmony. Mrs. Thomas has made the town of Harmony a place I would want to visit if it was only a real city.

I enjoyed seeing Reagan grow up. She has turned into a really good young woman. Reagan’s Uncle has also grown on me. He started out grumpy and he is still grumpy but now he is a grumpy teddy bear with a heart of gold. Gabe is a true hero. There were so many of the characters that I liked that I can not pick just one favorite. Fans of Robyn Carr’s Virgin River series will fall in love with the Harmony series. Somewhere Along the Way…you had better find the time to pick up a copy of this book. You will want to read it over and over again.



Thanks for asking me tell everyone about my new book. The second in the Harmony series, SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY, will be out Nov. 2, 2010.

This is number thirty for me and I think it may be my strongest book. When people ask me which is my best book, I always say my next one because I’m always trying to make every book better then the last. When I first started writing I felt like I was competing against every writer in the world. Now I feel like I’m running against every writer in the world and all my stories.

The characters in SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY are well rounded with problems, joys, talents and families. Sometimes I think it would be easy to write a hero who is the strong, silent type who has no family or friends to get in the way of his mission, but in my books, as in real like, my people have to deal with others.

I love writing this way because it adds lots of humor in the stories.

I hope you enjoy SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY as much as I enjoyed writing it. I’d be happy to hear from you when you’ve finished the story.







About Jodi
Jodi Thomas is the NY Times and USA Today best-selling author of 31 novels and 8 short story collec-tions. As of July 2006, she was the 11th woman to be inducted in to RWA Hall of Fame. She is also cur-rently serving as the Writer in Residence at West Texas A&M University in Canyon, Texas.

Jodi’s 30th Novel
NY Times and USA Today best-selling author Jodi Thomas is pleased to present her 30th novel, SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY. Thomas proves once again that she is one of mainstream romance genre’s most compelling writers with her highly anticipated sequel to WELCOME TO
HARMONY, which captured America’s heart.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway