The Dressmaker!



When Ellen Gowan was just a little girl, her father died in a tragic accident. Ellen and her mother, Connie moved in with Ellen’s Aunt and her family. While Ellen’s Aunt and cousin did not mind having Ellen and her mother around; Ellen’s Uncle was a different story. It got to be too much for Ellen and her mother dealing with Ellen’s Uncle’s wrath that they moved out.

Years later, Ellen’s mother passes away and Ellen marries the dashing Raoul de Valentin. Ellen gives birth to a daughter. Raoul is displeased and abandons Ellen and his daughter. With no money, Ellen turns to her talent as a skilled dressmaker. Ellenreceives the chance of a lifetime when she is commissioned by the Countess of Hawksmoor to make her a ballgown. Everyone is so jealous of the Countess’ dress that Ellen soon finds herself being requested by the wealthy. Things are looking up for Ellen until Raoul comes back into the picture. Will Ellen finally get her happy ending?

The Dressmaker is the first book I have ever read by Mrs. Graeme-Evans. I absolutely fell in love with this book. Already I was recommending it to all my other reader friends. Ellen has the fighter spirit inside of her. No matter how high the odds were stacked against her, she never gave up. All the characters were so intriguing. I was glad to step into this world with Ellen. I admit that I even cried at one point. Which goes to show you how attached I became with the characters and the story. Mrs. Graeme-Evans spins a vivid world of love, loss and survival. If you only read one historical fiction novel this year, make sure it is The Dressmaker by Posie Graeme-Evans!

Comments

Mystica said…
New author and book to me as well. Thanks for the review.
Anonymous said…
I just got this the other day. Glad to see you enjoyed it.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway