A Double Feature

I want to thank Mr. Sherwood for letting me review both of his books.











One night Mural is visited by a demon. He bestows a gift upon Mural. All Mural has to do is stay alive and he will be reunited with Veronica again. As everyone else around Mural dies, Mural starts to grow weary of his gift. He longs to rid himself of the gift. He gives the gift away to a man named Randy. It isn’t long after that Mural regrets his decision and wants his gift back. A chase ensures and it will be a fight to the death, where only the strong will survive.

I didn’t realize how much I actually would enjoy this book, till I started reading it. It was dark and had some gruesome parts. Just the way I like my thrillers. Mural had this very dark, menacing side to him but on the same hand, he was also a very tortured and lost soul. Mr. Sherwood brought good depth and dimension to Mural. I had had one issue with this book and that the story started in the present but when it switched to the past, the switch wasn’t that smooth. At first I didn’t catch that the story had took me back to the past and I had to read the passage over again to figure out what had happened. Overall Holding the Light is a good book. Just beware when the lights go out as anything can happen.





Kanna and Habilis are brothers. When they came of age, they were each sent off to a different region of the lands to rule. The brothers reigned for many years. Their parents were proud of them. A group of assassins came and murdered the brother’s parents. The assassins hoped to spark rage within the brothers and cause war. The brothers kept level heads about them and banded together to destroy their enemy.

Kanna becomes greedy and betrays his brother. The two sides end up fighting each other and both brothers end up dead. A demon brings Kanna and Habilis back to life but not to the land of the living. It will be a battle of the third kind.

Revenants: Fallen Savior is the first book in this series. I didn’t like this book as much as I did Mr. Sherwood’s latest, Holding the Light. I didn’t feel a strong connection to any of the characters and the plot seemed a little too out there for me. This was funny as Holding the Light had similar elements but they didn’t work as well in this book. What I did like about this book is that the story line took place as a time period piece. Let me tell you though that when I hear the word…time period piece that I think of romances and Revenants: Fallen Savior is no romantic read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations