Water Witch

I want to thank Anna with FSB Associates for sending me a copy of this book to review.


Dunny was born with a special gift of an extra finger. This finger is unique because it is like a third eye. You could also say that Dunny’s abilities are a curse. She has been called many names and that is why she is pretty much a loner. Two children have been kidnapped. Dunny has been called to help. She travels down to the swampy backwaters of the bayous of Louisiana. Dunny soon learns that the children’s kidnapping is connected with an old ancient Indian ritual.

Water Witch is the first book I have read by this author. Readers may not realize it but location or background setting does help play a part in telling a story. In the case of this book, the location of Louisiana really set the mood for this story. I found Dunny’s finger to be very creepy in a good way. While the setting and the unique characteristics of Dunny were interesting it wasn’t enough to keep my interest the whole way though the book. I am glad I did give this book a try as I will try another Deborah LaBlanc book again maybe in the near future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway