Love's First Light


Christophe St. Laurent is the only one left to carry on the family name. His family was sent to the guillotine by the hand of Maximilien Robespierre. Christophe ran away to an old castle his father once told him about where he would be safe. Christophe has grown lonely, living by himself. He has turned into quite the scientist though. He has been experimenting with a crystal prism and light. He is also a bit of an astrologer…stargazing with his telescope.

Scarlett has found herself a young widow about to give birth. Her husband Daniel was a big supporter of the French –Revolution. He was also the nephew of Maximilien Robespierre. Everyday Scarlett visits her husband’s grave. One day while visiting her husband’s grave, she finds herself with company. Soon Christophe and Scarlett start spending time together and before you know it, Christophe has fallen for Scarlett. What he doesn’t know is that Scarlett shares the same last name as his arch-enemy. Will Christophe finally get his revenge or will Scarlet help him forgive his enemy?

I really liked the gentleness of this story. You could feel the raw emotions that both Christophe St. Laurent and Scarlett were going through. They each were fighting a different battle where with the help of each other they could overcome them. To be honest I wasn’t sure if I would like this book. Luckily because of all the above reasons that I just stated, I not only enjoyed Love’s First Light but I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good love story with strong characters. Jamie Carie showed me a whole new light. I can’t wait to see what else this author comes up with next.


http://www.jamiecarie.com/

Comments

Melissa O. said…
This sounds really good. I'm adding it to my wishlist today :-) Great review!!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations