Deadlock





John Hutchinson is a journalist for the Denver Post and a avid bow hunter. While out with his girlfriend and her son, he receives a phone call from a Dr. Dorian Nichols. Dr. Nichols rambles on about they are all dead...meaning his family. He tells John that the police are after him and that he didn't kill them. What he says next really gets John's attention. He implements that Brendan Page is somehow involved.

Brendan is a billionaire military industrialist, who John has been trying to bring down since the incident in Canada involving Declan going rogue. Declan went on a killing spree. Page's latest top secret project is training soldiers for his Quick-Response Black Ops "QRBO" project. QRBO are teams of four who's goal is to move in quickly, eliminate the target and get back out. Page's training of soldier's consists of having them go through a vitural reality simulation training program. The catch is that the bullets are real and so is the blood.

I picked up this book not realizing that it was the next book in a long of books to feature John Hutchinson. I did not have a problem with this but I did have a problem with the fact that this story incorpated events that happened in what I can guess to be the prior story. I could pick up that there was history between Page and Hutch that involved events that took place in Canada. This was brought up a lot through out the story. It drove me crazy as I was trying to figure out what happened but couldn't till about half way into the book. Then I had a pretty good idea of what transpired. Having said all this, Deadlock is the first book I have read by this author and it won't be the last.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a series to start at the beginning.
Robert Liparulo said…
Hi, Cheryl . . . Thanks for reading Deadlock. Sorry you got to it before Deadfall, the previous John Hutchinson book. I tried to write it with readers who hadn't read Deadfall in mind; guess I flubbed that one. Page was not in Deadfall. He's the father of the villain in that story. The conversation Hutch has with Page in his office pretty much sums up Deadfall—that Page's son, like Page himself, was an evil guy, and he used Page's destructive technology to wreak havoc in Canada. If you'd like, send me your mailing address (Robert@liparulo.com) and I'll send you a copy of Deadfall (a book or an audiobook, whichever you'd like). FYI: My books Comes a Horseman and Germ are standalone; The Judgment Stone is the sequel to The 13th Tribe, and the six House of Dark Shadows books must be read in order, starting with House of Dark Shadows. In fact, if you'd like any of my other books instead of Deadfall (which I like better than Deadlock), just let me know which one to send you. You can read about them on my website (RobertLiparulo.com).
Robert Liparulo said…
PS: Sorry it took so long to find your review. I don't surf the next looking for things about me =). I'm writing the third Hutch book now, and in doing research (including what people liked and didn’t like), I found you.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway