Will you be my Sweetheart?


Sweetheart is Mrs. Cain's second novel to her debut, Heartsick. Heartsick is where readers were first introduced to the highly volatile and psychological relationship between Detective Archie Sheridan and notorious "Beauty Killer" Gretchen Lowell.

It has been a couple of years now, since the day Archie became one of Gretchen's victims. It will never matter how much time pass as Archie will always think about Gretchen.
Susan Ward, a reporter for the Herald has a big story about to make headlines. It involves Senator Castle and a fourteen year old babysitter. Before the story can release, Senator Castle ends up dead. As if that was bad enough, a body is discovered in the park...the same park where Gretchen's first victim was left.

Archie appears on the scene. He starts having flash backs to his time in captivity as Gretchen's victim. It has been two months since, Archie last paid a visit to Gretchen in prison. Archie receives a phone call, that Gretchen has escaped prison. Archie knows he is the only one that can bring Gretchen in again. It will be like old times as Archie chases after Gretchen.

I guess you could say I have become obsessed myself with Archie and Gretchen's relationship. It is so sick and wrong but oh so good. The way Gretchen toys with Archie is so entertaining, that I found I can't tear myself away, once I start reading. I think I even set a new record by reading this book in only an hour and a half. I do have to admit though that I did think Heartsick was a little better. It was because in the first book, the story mainly focused on Archie and Gretchen; whereas in this latest story there were more characters playing parts. For me it is all about Archie and Gretchen's relationship. I am anxiously awaiting the next book.

Comments

The Bookworm said…
I need to read these, I've heard such good things about these books!
great review.
an hour and a half! wow!
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
Great review, but I just couldn't get into this series. I don't know why, but the chemistry was off.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway