The Death List

I want to thank J. Kaye for sending me this book to review.



Mystery author, Matt Wells was in a bit of a stump. His books weren’t best sellers anymore and he was receiving rejections for his new ones. Matt seems to have maintained one faithful fan. This fan corresponds with Matt by email at least three times a week. At first the emails were innocent enough but recently they have started getting more personal. All Matt knows is that this fan calls himself The White Devil. The White Devil seems to be holding all the cards in the deck by teasing Matt. The White Devil starts killing everyone that has ever scorned Matt Wells. The police’s number one suspect is none other than Matt. Matt decides to take action but will it be too late?

The Death List plays on something that you have to admit you probably wished would come true at least once or twice and that is…making your own death list made up of all the people you didn’t like and won’t feel bad if something bad happened to them. Think of The Death List as the new Misery, with Matt Wells playing the author and The White Devil in Kathy Bates’s role as the psycho fan but only ten times more gruesome. I give Paul Johnston two thumbs up for a job well done with The Death List. I am making my own list of books that I want to get and you can bet that Mr. Johnston’s next release, The Soul Collector will be on the top of my list. So for this Christmas instead of making it a white one, instead make it a black Christmas by reading The Death List.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are very welcome, though I feel that it is me who should be thanking you for helping me out. :) You cleared a lot of books off my list.

You rock!
Becky LeJeune said…
I loved this book. I hope he has another planned with this character.
Cheryl said…
J. Kaye -Always glad to help out a fellow blogger. Hehe

Becky -Yes r. Johnston has The Soul Collector coming out that features Matt Wells again

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway