Dead Ringer

I want to thank Joan with Publishing & Media Consulting for sending me a copy of Dead Ringer to review.





There is a serial psychopath on the loose. He is killing off women one by one but this killer loves his women. Each body is found with a necklace engraved with the names of Ruth, Martha and Judith. There’s just one small thing…each of the women have a strong similarity to Channel 10 news anchorwoman Kendall Shaw. Kendall loves to cover the top stories but she never thought she would end up becoming one herself.

Kendall has always been the picture of a successful, independent woman but she has a secret…a secret so terrible that she keeps having nightmares. It seems this psychopath wants to dig out all of Kendall’s skeletons in the closet for the public to see. Police detective, Jacob Warwick is on the case and he will go to great lengths to protect Kendall. However Warwick was planning on shielding Kendall I don’t think death came into the picture, because Warwick just might need to sacrifice his life for Kendall in order to save her.

I really liked Dead Ringer. It grabbed my attention from the first page and held it till the very end. The plot had some great twists and turns that I felt helped build up the suspense throughout the storyline, which really helped with the ending of this book. Let me tell you this ending even took me by surprise. This doesn’t happen often to me but when it does it means the author did their job. I liked all the characters in the book but the star for me was the killer. He had this really strong presence throughout the story in addition to the fact that when he did appear it was like I was experiencing everything through his eyes. Usually the killer starts out strong and then dwindles till the end but not in Dead Ringer. I give Mary Burton an “A” plus! Fans of suspense will fall in love with Dead Ringer.




Check out Mary Burton's website at http://www.maryburton.com/

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh wow! Lucky you!! :) This is an awesome writer.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations