The Sunday Salon


I want to thank Karen Chance for sending me this book to review.





Dorina Basarab is back in a whole new series. Midnight’s Daughter is the first book in this series. For those of you who have not read Karen Chance’s first trilogy, then let me tell you a little bit about Dorina.

Dorina is a dhampir. What is a dhampir? Think of a dhampir like Wesley Snipes’s character “Blade”, someone who is half human and half vampire. Dory likes what she does by taking out the bad guys one by one. Dory is also a bit of a loner but that’s just the way she likes it. Out of the blue, Dory’s father walks back into her life. There’s no happy reunion for this father and daughter. No, Dory’s father has come to Dory for assistance. He needs her to track and capture the biggest vampire of them all…Dracula. Dory does not want anything to do with this plan especially when it involves her uncle, Dracula. Plus as if that wasn’t enough, Dory’s good friend and room mate, Claire has gone missing. Dory will need all the help she can get this time. Luckily for her...the sexy vampire Louis-Cesare has agreed to team up with Dory to take on Dracula.

First off let me start by saying how much I liked this book. I have read many vampire books but not one where the characters were so strong, no matter if they were the leading characters or the secondary characters. I really enjoyed that because it kept me interested in reading the book as well as connecting with everyone. Dory may only be half vampire but watch out otherwise Dory will give you one hundred percent kick in the ass. Then there was Louis-Cesare, the dark brooding, handsome vampire, who is making Dory’s life miserable. But he definitely knows his way around a woman’s body. Midnight’s Daughter is the first in what I know will be a great new series by Karen Chance.

Comments

Linda Jacobs said…
You know, I've never been attracted to vampire-type books but after reading Twilight I've got a hankering for them! I'll be on the lookout for this one.
Becky LeJeune said…
Sweet! I've not read Karen Chance yet but now I have a new series to look forward to and a new author!
Literary Feline said…
This sounds like it will be a fun series, Cheryl. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations