Are you Burn Out?

I want to thank Renee with Hachette for sending me this book to review.





Private Investigator, Sharon McCone last case has left her exhausted. She needs some rest, so she heads to her ranch in Yosemite. Sharon and her husband, Hy Ripinsky welcomes the quietness. Unfortunately Sharon will have to wait to see the sunset. Her ranch manager, Ramon Perez needs her assistance. Trouble has set upon his sister, Miri and her two daughters Haley and Amy. Haley was murdered and Amy and Miri have disappeared. Sharon’s investigation will lead her to the Nevada desert. This case will have Sharon digging deeper to learn about her Shoshone heritage.

Burn Out is the sequel to the Ever Running Man. I felt disconnected some what from the characters in this book. This could partially be from having not read the Ever Running Man. Even though I don’t feel like you need to read the first book in order to read Burn Out. The book started out good but after that the story did nothing for me. I lost interest in the plot and found myself reading just to finish the book. I do have to say that I did find some strong points in Burn Out. Enough to make me want give Marcia Muller another try.


Comments

The Bookworm said…
I dont like it when I lose interest in a book, its dissapointing. At least this one left you wanting to give the author another try.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations